Tips before you record video content
updated over 1 year ago
It is important to do the simple things before you start recording video content. You can do this by following these steps:
- Ensure you have proper lighting.
- Ensure mic is ON on the computer/phone (if recording voice).
- Make sure computer/phone is on a stable surface. You will be moving and don’t want to knock the equipment down.
- Make sure your music is at a good level (if you have music in background).
- Make sure you have a clean background behind you so as to not distract the viewer.
- If you are doing large range of motions, please make sure you stay in frame so as not to get cropped.
- Check the preferred orientation of your video. Landscape or portrait. Landscape will work best when uploading into the Fitter App however you will find that if recording a live video through a social media platform you are often required to be in portrait.
Don't forget, there are many opportunities to record content. Be aware of these and record and review. Building a quality library of content will set you apart.